Converting VOB files to ISO

The Devil

I tried searching for this but it won't let me because most of the words are three letters...hmph!

At any rate, I unfortunately have .VOB files and I'm needing to burn them to DVD but DeVeDe won't do it...can anyone point me in the right direction of a good program to accomplish this?

dvdauthor followed by mkisofs will certainly be able to do it, but it's command line so you need to study it's man page first.

IF by VOB files you mean you already have a valid VIDEO_TS folder dvd structure (with .IFO and .BUP files) then all you need is mkisofs:

mkisofs -dvd-video -o dvd.iso /path/to/directory/underVIDEO_TSfolder/

Once you have the iso you can use K3B to burn it to DVD or use growisofs on command line:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cdrom=dvd.iso

(replace /dev/cdrom with the correct device name of your burner)

Edited by tux99

dvdauthor followed by mkisofs will certainly be able to do it, but it's command line so you need to study it's man page first.

IF by VOB files you mean you already have a valid VIDEO_TS folder dvd structure (with .IFO and .BUP files) then all you need is mkisofs:

mkisofs -dvd-video -o dvd.iso /path/to/directory/underVIDEO_TSfolder/

Once you have the iso you can use K3B to burn it to DVD or use growisofs on command line:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cdrom=dvd.iso

(replace /dev/cdrom with the correct device name of your burner)

Excellent. I appreciate the help!

You can also just use K3B and use the make video dvd option, and then just drag the VIDEO_TS folder to it providing you have it in this format.

You can also just use K3B and use the make video dvd option, and then just drag the VIDEO_TS folder to it providing you have it in this format.

I can't use K3B...using the Gnome version 2009.0

I probably should have specified that earlier, but I can't think of everything, hehehe

Thanks, though...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.