Corrupted RPMs?

mystified

I've been trying to download an RPM I need to install a program. Every source I've found though has the same problem. The name of the rpm is libstdc++-compat-2.95.2-3mdk.i586.rpm. Yet when I download I get libstdc%2B%2B-compat2.95.2-3mdk.i586.rpm. When I try doing a urpmi I get "error registering local package." What is causing the change in the RPM during the download process? I've given up on installing the program but I'd like to understand what's happening and why. Any help appreciated!

It worked! And I finally got the program that I needed that particular RPM for working! I've been trying for over a week and had given up and was having to use the Windoze version. You're a lifesaver anon. Thanks! :D

Uh-oh. Spoke too soon. When I run the program I get - Warning XMFontListCreate( ) is an obsolete function. Segmentation fault. Any hope? I hate having to boot into Windoze to run this program!

Well the program starts like it's going to work and then I get that error message. I have to run it from console because it's just an exectutable file. Obviously there's some kind of problem with the fonts and I have no idea how to fix it or if it's even workable.

• 4 weeks later...