Ubuntu IM problem [solved]

Guest Kraix

Guest Kraix

I'm new to Ubuntu, i use it for almost a week. Everything worked fine until one day when all IM clients refused to connect (Pidgin, Kopete, Meebo). All they do is to say "connecting.." and nothing happens. The internet connection works fine, but the IM clients look like they're restricted or something.

On windows Yahoo!Messenger works just fine, but when i switch to Ubuntu they don't work anymore.

Thanks,

Stefan

EDIT

I found the solution on another forum.

For those who have the same problem you have to go at Accounts->Manage Accounts -> Advanced

And edit the Pager server line to cs101.msg.mud.yahoo.com on Pidgin

Edited by Kraix

Welcome aboard. :)

On my Desktop, the messengers do work okay, so the first question is: Have you altered your network-settings or IM-settings in any way (e.g. blocked ports in a firewall)? If it worked before, then you probably changed something by accident.

Edit: Okay,... just noticed your found the solution. :thumbs:

IEDIT

I found the solution on another forum.

For those who have the same problem you have to go at Accounts->Manage Accounts -> Advanced

And edit the Pager server line to cs101.msg.mud.yahoo.com on Pidgin

Thanks for that. Have they altered that recently then? 'cause mine stopped working as well.

Guest Kraix
Thanks for that. Have they altered that recently then? 'cause mine stopped working as well.

I think they're working on the old server and we have to change it . I think in Y!M this happens automatically but in Pidgin you have to do it manually.