Package Selection

Guest iomari

Please, can anyone tell me how to save my package selection from an existing installation so I can use it to install these same packages on another new installation via flopppy. I am aware of the save selection option while installing, but how can I do that after installation like I can with SuSE?

I need an answer ASAP.

if you want, you can email me at linuxguru@operamail.com

Yep. Go to start thingy, everybody has a different name for that thing, then Configuration then Mandrake Control Center. Root password. Then click Boot and then the floppy with Drakautoinst. It should walk you through the rest.

I assume you know how to make it look at the floppy when you install. You can also create one during the install but I have never got that one to work. Your way should though. I think :?

Later

:D :D :D

I know how. There's so much stuff in there to go through. It's like picking a box of cereal. There are so many to pick from you can't find what you want. Thing is, most all of them are made from corn. Think about that a bit. Careful, it can make you :screwy: if you think about it to much.

I've been thinking way to long.

:D :D :D

I think there's a monkey wrench in my plans. drak autoinstall doesn't seem to record the packages installed after installation. say for instance you installed from contrib. i want a way i can reinstall with a contrib subdirectory and the floppy has the packeaes from the Mandrake folder and the contrib folder. did anyone get the 9.1 mandrake dvd with linux format magazine? it's a pain to install then after installing to go through all those progs only to have to do it for every machine. it would be nice to have a floppy with every selection on it.

Let us know if you find a solution. I'm thinking about moving to Mdk 9.2 but i really don't want to go through the install process again. It would be fine if drakAutoInst could remember all the software i've been collecting... :cry:

I've downloaded the whole raw tree including conrib and jpackege but I left the source out. The damn thing is too big for a DVD. it's 5.3G. I had to make 2 DVD's. one with the regular installation and another with contrib and jpackae. Howevr, makecd works fine. I made the 4 CD set from the regular tree. When I tried to include contrib, it made 6 CD's. the first was 3.4G and the rest were normal CD size so I had to remove the contrib. I'll try again over the weekend. I haven't actually installed yet but I but I booted the DVD and the first CD and all seems cool. I'll let you all know what happens over the weekend but if anyone knows how I can include contrib in the "makecd: successfully, let me know.