mozilla firebird fonts problem

lets-eat-gary

Hi people,

I using mandrake 9.1

I have just downloaded the latest version of mozilla firebird (0.7). It seems very good, loads up much quicker than normal Mozilla.

But i have one problem, in normal mozilla the fonts are smooth (anti aliased) , in firebird they seem much rougher and not anti aliased.

I have looked in the fonts settings in both Mozilla and Mozilla firebird and have noticed one main difference.

In Mozilla all fonts except proportial are on [system default] , proportial is set on serif.

In Mozilla firebird the fonts are all different (e.g - adobe-couier-iso8859) and there is no option of [system default]

Is it possible to use the smooth fonts of firebird?

Cheers

it kinda sounds like you didn't get a version of firebird with xft compiled into it. if you had an xft-enabled firebird font names would be displayed by their normal name like courier. since you're firebird is displaying font names like adobe-courier-iso8859, i think that means that it wasn't compiled with xft, and i don't think firebird can anti alias fonts with xft enabled