D-Link DWA-140 USB WLAN stick [solved]

arctic

Hi,

being stupid, I bought a D-Link DWA-140 USB WLAN stick and - big ooops! - forgot to check if it works with Linux. I roamed the net and found that there are drivers available that need to be compiled against the kernel (Ralink 2080), but the latest kernel in Fedora (anything later than 2.6.20) apparently refuses to compile with the driver. Meh... So no wireless for my old Laptop yet - unless I boot into Win XP. :wall:

Simple question: Does anyone know it it works with any of the current or older Mandriva releases or maybe some other distro out of the box? :unsure:

And yes,... I am lazy and don't want to compile if possible ('been so long since I compiled something the last time...). :P

Um... errm... haven't tested it yet with ndiswrapper (forgot about that option...). Will give it a try. :blush:

edit: Works with ndiswrapper in fedora and sidux, works out of the box with ubuntu 9.04 and Mandriva 2009.1