Exaile upgraded, now no longer works

pindakoe

I have installed the upgrade to Exaile that Mandriva pushed out this weekend. Since then it dies immediately after starting most of the time (always when started from menu, sometimes when started from an xterm). The output on the xterm if it crashes is:

INFO	: Loading Exaile 0.2.99.2...
INFO	: Loading settings
INFO	: Loading plugins...
Hello, world!
w00t!
/usr/share/exaile/plugins/mpris/__init__.py:35: SyntaxWarning: name '_MPRIS' is used prior to global declaration
 global _MPRIS
INFO	: Loading collection...
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/share/exaile/plugins/gnomemmkeys/__init__.py", line 42, in _enable
'/org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/MediaKeys')
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 244, in get_object
follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 241, in __init__
self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 183, in activate_name_owner
self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 281, in start_service_by_name
'su', (bus_name, flags)))
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files
ERROR   : Exception caught!
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/share/exaile/plugins/gnomemmkeys/__init__.py", line 52, in _enable
'/org/gnome/SettingsDaemon')
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 244, in get_object
follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 241, in __init__
self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 183, in activate_name_owner
self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 281, in start_service_by_name
'su', (bus_name, flags)))
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files

INFO	: Loading devices...
INFO	: Loading interface...
INFO	: Playing file:///home/pindakoe/music/Camel/1973%20-%20Camel%20%282002%20remaster%29/01%20-%20Slow%20Yourself%20Down.mp3
exaile.py: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.

The initial python errors have always been there (also before upgrade) and never prevented normal functioning. The mp3 referenced in the last but one line is one which plays normally with mpg123, i.e. not corrupt, is accessible by me etc.

Thanks scarecrow ... gnome-settings-daemon was (surprisingly) not installed (I use XFce as desktop, some key apps such as mail & browser do not rely too much on Gnome, hence I hadn't noticed befroe the absence of gnome-settings-daemon). Installed it and this part works; I am still no further with the absence of ways to get information on a track such as lyrics or wikipedia stuff, nor do I have a button to rate tracks in top-right hand corner. One step at the time...

OK. You may have to check on XFCE4 settings "start gnome services at startup" if you want exaile to work properly. I'm also using XFCE4 (mainly), and I have this checked as I'm forced to use gdm as login manager (unfortunately slim is currently totally broken, and most probably unmaintainable).

You will also need dbus-python and pyinotify, else the library will not be updated in realtime.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.