Hugin won't call enblend

neddie

The joys of 2009.0 continue...

After upgrade, hugin fails to stitch panoramas together, it goes through all the motions of loading the photos, letting you allocate control points, previewing the panorama and even mapping each photo to the separate tiffs, but then fails at the last step, calling enblend to merge the photos together.

If you look at the command window, what it actually tries to call is something like "false -compression NONE -o output.tif ..." and the other parameters which should get given to enblend. So why does it try to call "false" instead of "enblend"? Yes I have enblend installed, and it's at /usr/bin/enblend, quite easy to find. It seems to be a bug in hugin though, related to the user config (which worked fine for the previous version of hugin). If you call the same command from the console but with "enblend" instead of "false", it works, and you don't have to redo all your point clicking!

I found out how to fix it, you have to edit your ~/.hugin file. You could delete this file and let hugin create a new one (apparently you have to go into preferences and click "OK" - don't click "Cancel"! Or another way is just to add a line in the .hugin file, in the [Enblend] section:

Instead of

EnblendExe=enblend

you need to change this to

EnblendExe=enblend
Exe=enblend

(if he doesn't listen first time, you gotta tell him twice! ;) )

There are also funny magnifier things obscuring the view on the control point dialog now, getting in the way of what I want to see, but I guess I'll get used to that.

Did I already mention I wish I'd stuck with 2008.1? :wall:

[moved from Software by spinynorman]