kernel header file?

Guest dbc254

Guest dbc254

I'm using Kernel 2.6.24.7.2mnb If I can't "make" this header file somehow, where can I download it? Trying to get VirtualBox to load, and this is the last thing I need in order for it to work. All other install errors are gone, but this one.............. I don't even know what a kernel header is, but apparently I need it or VirtualBox will NOT work..........

Any help is appreciated.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

# urpmi kernel-headers

should be enough (unless you are using a custom kernel (most likely not), or some third party one from /contrib.

For the record, the kernel modules you're looking for are already prebuilt for Mandriva... all you have to do is installing virtualbox from the official repos (although I think it's the OSE version, not the PUEL one).

I'm using Kernel 2.6.24.7.2mnb
...And do: urpmi kernel-desktop-latest this will make sure you always have the latest headers installed. VirtualBox modules that need to be recompiled due to a kernel update will do so automatically. Your kernel is old. We're at 2.6.29.3 now. It is the OSE version in the repos. Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}