Volume control in Mandrake 9.1

Guest Linuxxx

Guest Linuxxx

I can't seem to find a volume control like Windows has in the Acessories Tab, Does Mandrake have this? The reason I ask is that I'm using xmms and my volume is up full and I can hardly hear it?

Thanks Scott

if you're using KDE you can also use Kmix. it's in kicker->multimedia->sound. if you go to the preferences in it, there's an option to have it load on boot & stay docked in your kicker bar, like the volume icon in Window$. then, you can adjust your volume on the fly by right clicking the icon.

Chris

along the lines of what chris z said, i put an icon for aumix on the toolbar whether i'm in KDE, Gnome, or IceWM (I switch quite frequently). Gnome also has its own volume applet, but I prefer aumix because it allows you to change many more settings than just the main volume. gnome: right click on the taskpanel, pick "add to panel" -> multimedia -> volume control (for gnome's volume control) or "add to panel" -> "launcher from menu" -> "multimedia" -> "aumix"