Mandriva 2010 specifications

dexter11

Added my suggestions.

I don't like that they sort the suggestions by vote count by default, that way most people only read the ones which are most popular already and other suggestions don't have a chance to become popular as they are not even noticed.

Should be sorted by date by default (most recent first).

I guess I'm stupid, because I don't see a link on that page to post one's idea! :wall:

EDIT: I got it now. I had to click on the Authenticate link first to log in. Why don't they just say: "Log In"?

I see Contribute to Mandriva Ideas hidden at the bottom right corner of the page, but when I click on it, the entire page is in French! After using Google Language tools on that link, it does not seem like a posting link either.

Yes there is a sorting feature - but no option to sort by date. :rolleyes:

Edited by David Batson

I posted an idea, but I did not like the process. On the bottom where I presume it says "Reply" or "Preview", the buttons are in French - even though the rest of the page is in English. I took a guess, and my idea was sent (or posted).

Also, there is a choice of radio buttons: One, Free, or Powerpack. I wanted my idea to apply to all three versions, but the posting mechanism made me choose 1 (of the 3 options), and 1 only. :wall:

Yes, I noticed that too, the page seems to have been created and translated into English in a hurry, there are several spelling mistakes and items still in French on it.

It didn't bother me too much, as long as they implement my suggestions! :D

Edited by tux99

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has a problem with the default setting of the package manager. I'm also happy to see I'm not alone in wanting the option to implement disk encryption at the install stage. :) :thumbs:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has a problem with the default setting of the package manager. I'm also happy to see I'm not alone in wanting the option to implement disk encryption at the install stage. :) :thumbs:

hey! that's a nice Idea...but they should give manuals, or exact procedures..also compatibility when upgrading...but it's a nice Idea ....Did you suggested that?

Edited by demonseth17