2009.1 -- issues with mplayer, exaile & hugin

pindakoe

I have done a clean install (including clean /home), re-installed all the software that I wanted, played with some new in 2009.1 and tweaked things to my liking. Impression of 2009.1 is good, booting is indeed faster (but not much on my ageing PC, and you get closer to the Windows experience of looking at an desktop which looks ready but is not quite yet so far). Three things however work not and have so far resisted attempts to get them working:

Exaile -- used to have possibilities to fetch lyrics and background info (Wikipedia). This functionality has disappeared (no menu entries visible when right-clicking)

mplayer -- plasy some stuff as before, but bombs out when viewing trailers at Apple. I can view the same move when manually downloading it, and then starting quicktime ...

hugin -- no longer able to start/cooperate with autopano, bombs out with an wxEecute error

So far all three issues have defeated my attempts of resolving. The hugin problem looks like known bug, but not quite and solutions provided there do not help. Interestingly enough there is no issue at all when starting autopanog from CLI.

The other two have less starting points. I have installed the win32 codecs (from rpm), use the LPF version of mplayer, have got mplayerplugin up & running.

These 3 problems have more than likely nothing to do with eachother, but decided to post them jointly anyway.

Edited by pindakoe