Can't find Mplayer in mandrake 9.1

Guest jagman026

Guest jagman026

Since it wasn't on the menu, I ran Install software, can't find it anywhere, did a search with no luck. Does anyone knows if it comes with 9.1 or I have to download it myself.

Thank you

if you installed Mplayer from the MDK cd & you're using KDE, it (should have) put a shortcut in.....

kicker->multimedia->video

check there.

Chris

Guest jagman026

Thnaks everyone for your help, i downloaded a newer version and it works fine. But being a newbie i can run it only from console with command "gmplayer", can't locate executable for a short cute. Besides that it works fine with DVd, and the the usual media.

Thank you

Since it wasn't on the menu, I ran Install software, can't find it anywhere, did a search with no luck. Does anyone knows if it comes with 9.1 or I have to download it myself.

Thank you

Strange. Just a couple of weeks ago I installed mplayer from the Mandrake 9.1 CDs. All I did was run a search in Install software found it and installed it. I'm certain of this because I've been using it every day for the last couple of weeks. Hated the interface though so I installed kmplayer.

Well, I have issues with the drake menu's.

I see what theyre trying to do vis multiple desktops etc but I just switch off the Mandrke menu's for KDE and just use the kde ones.

Then you can use kappfinder and add stuff or just edit the menu.

It seems to take forever to save a menu in menudrake as opposed the the KDE menu thing that automatically saves in an instant.

It also presumes that I want the same progs in different window managers which I don't. My fluxbox and ICEWM configs are deliberately light. I don't want access to 90% of the stuff i have installed on my laptop. More importantly I load different config's for the apps in different environments! This means editing the command to start them. If I use menudrake I need two config options for say firebird or konqueror.

I figure if Im using flux or ICEWM I want the minimalistic profile i have for firebird. when using KDE I figure i want the eye-kandy version.