Bluetooth problems

mittfh

Samsung SGH-J700 (mobile phone) <--> Belkin F8T017 (USB bluetooth adaptor) <--> Mandriva 2009.1 (desktop computer)

This is an odd one...

The computer does not appear in "My Devices" on the phone, however if I "Search New Devices", I can see the computer and allegedly pair with it. It still won't appear in "My Devices" though...

I can also see the mobile from the computer and pair with it that way.

So that's an improvement on 2009.0, which refused to have anything to do with the adaptor...

However...

If I try to send files from the phone to the computer, the phone informs me "Cannot connect".

If I try to browse files on the phone from the computer, I can view and navigate the folder hierarchy, but I cannot see any files...

I could hunt around for my microSD card adaptor and transfer the files that way, or take the bluetooth adaptor into work and transfer via bluetooth and a USB stick, but that's not the point! Besides which, both workarounds are a lot more fiddly than if I could get Bluetooth working!