What's New for Galaxy in 9.2?

mousematt

what could it mean? :? I mean...it's a skin for goodness sake. They probably mean more hardwired for more/better integration between gnome/kde.....which would be nice if they'd do it w/o making it hard to not use it if you don't want to, and make several more like it. One? What good is that? One! we need ten of these puppies :evil:

Of course it is a skin bvc... I may be Australian, but I am not that stupid LOL :D

Galaxy could either be further integrated ie. XMMS skin, MPlayer, Mozilla so that it is a seamless user interface (my personal preference) or just made prettier (and probably larger).

I am curious to know what is actually gonna change and how that is gonna effect the performance fo MDK. This may seem silly to some but GUIs do matter - Ximian and RH know this and Galaxy was a start for MDK - I just wanna know if they're gonna finish the job properly... or is KDE gonna have inconsistent icons with GNOME etc... :?:

of course I'm only 9.2rc2>cooker, but I'll lookat the skins for xmms,mplayer, and others tonight when I get home, though someone could probably tell you b4 then. I don't install kde so I don't know about that issue, which is also why I don't care for the idea to begin with. But that's me. I've seen the need in the past, b4 settling on gnome only :wub: Ximian's the same joke. One skin? :roll: what's a matter with people...one skin! :lol:

Of course it is a skin bvc... I may be Australian, but I am not that stupid LOL  :D 

Of course you arent stupid! You are an Australian!!

Aussie, Aussie. Aussie

oi, oi, oi

Galaxy could either be further integrated ie. XMMS skin, MPlayer, Mozilla so that it is a seamless user interface (my personal preference) or just made prettier (and probably larger).

Please!! Not larger!! its already huge. Or maybe i shouldnt use 320x240 res...................

I am curious to know what is actually gonna change and how that is gonna effect the performance fo MDK. This may seem silly to some but GUIs do matter - Ximian and RH know this and Galaxy was a start for MDK - I just wanna know if they're gonna finish the job properly... or is KDE gonna have inconsistent icons with GNOME etc...  :?:

KDE and GNOME are gonna have inconsistent icons for a while. They are different environments with their own styles.

James

Gnome2.4 now uses a Desktop file in $HOME just like kde. RH9, though there were no real probs with this, it left unknown icons/files/folders on the desktop (don't remember what exactly). I haven't both on 9.2rc2 (don't have 9.2rc2 anymore) so I'm not sure what mandrake has done about this issue. Anyone? Have both? on 9.2rc2? How do Gnome and kde share ~/Desktop?