9.2 ISOs

Guest tuxthepenguin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was upgrading 9.2rc2 from cooker every week. Two days ago I found the 9.2 rpms on nluug, and the auto update function in urpmi downloaded two files. Now I have 9.2! So, yes, it is possible to update to 9.2.

I was upgrading 9.2rc2 from cooker every week. Two days ago I found the 9.2 rpms on nluug, and the auto update function in urpmi downloaded two files. Now I have 9.2! So, yes, it is possible to update to 9.2.
me too! the only non 9.2 thing i have is the release (which names the RC2 as Torrent, which i like Waaaaaay better than Five Star)

self-made or otherwise
Wait!

:?

My server's currently in the process of mirroring a mandrake FTP's cooker packages - tommorrow when it's done I plan to build ISOs from it - would anyone like me to put the isos up on bittorrent ? I easily can if there's any demand. If anyone does want them, I'll put extra care into making sure they work and everything
What's wrong with posting the self-made? It was the original intent, long b4 the actual release. :? :roll:

probably not, but some are freaky and don't know what they say, and/or aren't careful how they say it :roll: . My point is that, this was planned b4 the official release, and the world does not stop because of a Mandrake release. This is OpenSource people....wake up! If the man/women made the iso's from non-official release material then he/ she should be allowed to put them up!!!! What?....is this a $Bill$ board? :P :twisted:

Your selfmade .iso's will make the transition to to final, or a cooker version thereof, easy, now, convenient, not 2 weeks from now. Granted this doesn't help $support$ mdk, but it wasn't going to do that b4 the official release either.

Lets try to have some common sense folks! :twisted:

I thought tyme's response was clearly intended for any leaked "official release." Although somewhere along this thread, things have become a bit cloudy as to is he making a project 9.2 RC iso or a subsitute for final, or even offering an unofficial final release.

I am not sure what tyme has modded out of this thread, but I know what I have modded out and it did not resemble anything like a cooker project iso image(s).

Another thing that could be confusing here, is the fact that Mandrake has also released the 9.2 tree which is accessable by all and could be used to make final iso's from.

I would think any iso images that have been in the works from cooker (and clearly labled as to their contents and so not to be confused with anything from Mandrake Soft) would be OK to post here.

*Just no torrents or links to the official stuff.* (at this time)

Also note, what you in private is out of our hands and we are not to be held responsible.

Guest tuxthepenguin

I never made a cooker ISO, due to the fact that I could only have released it a few days before the club release (and it being leaked to bittorrent).

Now, you said I could post self-made isos, but not the official - wouldn't that hurt Mandrake just as bad as the official ones ?

Isn't every release of any new linux o/s, kinda like throwing dead fish into a tank of starving sharks?? :lol:

In two or three week, then all the bItcHiNg will start, this don't work, that don't work, they beat the crap out of themselves for not having any "paid for support". :cry:

We truly are a 'disfunctional' lot. :lol:

I thought part of the discussion in the moderator forum mentioned issues arising from "unofficial" iso's, such as something not working correctly. Look, if people want to get the iso's, it'll happen. We have already seen that if you had rc2 running, updating it from the 9.2 tree that is already posted on the mirrors will get you 9.2. I think we just wanted to avoid any confusion about the iso's, and honor Mandrake's ideas. bvc, you already know that I am a Mandrake business critic, and that I am not a club member. I stiil feel it is better to exchange things privately, off the forum. There is a whole pm system here that is not moderated, a perfect place for "open source" communication! :wink:

For what it's worth, while I like the idea of club members having privilages, I don't think this was a particularly smart Mandrake move. Just my opinion, and I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over who 's got the iso's!

Last night while trying to fix my urpmi sources...

I found that Mandrake is publishing links to the FULL ISO's

Much as I supportd the idea of going along with them ...

Should we now not just abandon the whole thing ???

This seems so pointless.... they have now allowed you to click the I intend to be a member SOON and then get pointed to the FULL ISO's

Yet another business model they managed to SCREW...

Here are US, plf and lots of others trying to make their business model work, even if we think its screwy and they themselves bypass it!!!

If they could just make a decision and stick to it!!!!

/rant off

Guest tuxthepenguin
Last night while trying to fix my urpmi sources...

I found that Mandrake is publishing links to the FULL ISO's

Much as I supportd the idea of going along with them ...

Should we now not just abandon the whole thing ???

This seems so pointless.... they have now allowed you to click the I intend to be a member SOON and then get pointed to the FULL ISO's

Yet another business model they managed to SCREW...

Here are US, plf and lots of others trying to make their business model work, even if we think its screwy and they themselves bypass it!!!

If they could just make a decision and stick to it!!!!

/rant off

I haven't seen any links like that on Mandrake's site (to the full ISOs). If you're referring to the ones on Slashdot, they're unofficial.