Configure Internet in Mandriva One [solved]

Radiant Metal

I am unable to configure internet connection in my Madriva One Spring 2009. I use a DSL connection PPPoE requiring username and password. Every time I configure it and test my connection, its says the network interface is down due to some error. Soon after it, the interface gets†up†again. Any Help??

[moved from Tips and Tricks by Greg2]

I connect through a WAN miniport PPPoE. Mandriva detects the network automatically at eth1 and show IP address, gateway and DNS. When i go through ¨configure netwrok¨ and chose DSL, put my username and password, then I opt for ¨test you connection¨, it gets disconnected and task bar tells me that network interface is down at eth1. When I close the window showing the error, net work interface at eth1 is up again.

I have tried so many times but all invain. I have tried all options (Wired connection, DSL, etc, by selecting pppoe) but all failed.

I believe that you need the rp-pppoe package installed, and I'm not sure if the Mandriva One CD includes it. Please open a terminal and post the output of

rpm -qa | grep -i rp-pppoe

if it's not listed in that output, you will need to d/l it with another system and install it in the Mandriva system.