KDE4-Kmail [solved]

AussieJohn

Hello Isadora.

When I looked at your screenshot, I could only see the one entry in the Available filters section.

Taking that as an idea I deleted everything in that section, closed out, logged out then back in again. I reopened Kmail and did the Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus Wizards again.

Downloaded some new emails............Biiiinnnnggggoooo. Two new emails were in my Inbox and and three were in my Wastebin. The two in the Inbox were clean and the three in the Wastebin were truly Spam. Later on I did another email check and there were one in each of Inbox and Wastebin and again they were filtered correctly.

I checked the Filter Rules again and there were 6 entrys in the Available Filters list compared with about a dozen earlier.

So at least a major part of the Problem is solved. There is still the two minor problems of the Folder..........View Columns is not being saved when ticked (US=checked), the other being that files are not being tagged as Spam when the Spam Icon is manually clicked. I will start a new Thread since the original problem is solved.

Thanks Isadora for sticking with me, and thanks also to Lexicon and Silver Surfer as well.

Cheers. John.

SOLVED.

Hello Isadora.

When I looked at your screenshot, I could only see the one entry in the Available filters section.

Taking that as an idea I deleted everything in that section, closed out, logged out then back in again. I reopened Kmail and did the Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus Wizards again.

Downloaded some new emails............Biiiinnnnggggoooo. Two new emails were in my Inbox and and three were in my Wastebin. The two in the Inbox were clean and the three in the Wastebin were truly Spam. Later on I did another email check and there were one in each of Inbox and Wastebin and again they were filtered correctly.

I checked the Filter Rules again and there were 6 entrys in the Available Filters list compared with about a dozen earlier.

So at least a major part of the Problem is solved. There is still the two minor problems of the Folder..........View Columns is not being saved when ticked (US=checked), the other being that files are not being tagged as Spam when the Spam Icon is manually clicked. I will start a new Thread since the original problem is solved.

Thanks Isadora for sticking with me, and thanks also to Lexicon and Silver Surfer as well.

Cheers. John.

SOLVED.

John,

Glad to hear, it helped you out.

Isadora