Is it a bargain?

Mandriva-user

It seams that you're having a bit of a problem configuring it. I suggest you do take that thing to the shop and have them install it before you burn something on it.

Actually there is a guy sitting right next to me right now, he decided to install his board for the fist time. 2 days later he came back and said: the board is gone!

Get the point?

It's worth it to spend $30CDN for the installation, if you're not sure what you're doing.

karass

It seams that you're having a bit of a problem configuring it. I suggest you do take that thing to the shop and have them install it before you burn something on it.

Actually there is a guy sitting right next to me right now, he decided to install his board for the fist time. 2 days later he came back and said: the board is gone!

Get the point?

It's worth it to spend $30CDN for the installation, if you're not sure what you're doing.

Of course it`s worth to spend $130.00CDN not $30.00CND for installation and conf.,so I will go to the store and let them install my motherboard.

Mandrake-user :lol: :wink:

RAID is not useful for running a single hard drive. Your board will operate standard or with RAID, if you have the equipement.

If your ZIP is running with whatever you currently have, then there are three possibilities:

You have a MB with scsi.

You have a scsi card in your current system.

You do not have a scsi ZIP, but rather an ide ZIP.

Operating systems run the equipement. They cannot makeup for equipement that is not there.

I am answering your questions by looking at the manuels from the perspective hardware websights. If I were in Canada, I would be trying to make $130.00CN :wink:

Ixthusdan

1.RAID is not useful for running a single hard drive. Your board will operate standard or with RAID, if you have the equipement.

2.If your ZIP is running with whatever you currently have, then there are three possibilities:

You have a MB with scsi.

You have a scsi card in your current system.

You do not have a scsi ZIP, but rather an ide ZIP.

3.Operating systems run the equipement. They cannot makeup for equipement that is not there.

4.I am answering your questions by looking at the manuels from the perspective hardware websights. If I were in Canada, I would be trying to make $130.00CN [icon_wink.gif]

1. answer I have two harddrive so what kind of hardware do I need:?:.

2. I know 100% I have scsi ZIP drive because I run it know, You tell me how can I find out in konsole,I know how to get in konsole SU and PASSWORD,the rest I don`t know.If you can help me from there,I appreciate for your help.

3.What Operating systems I need to run on it :?:.

4. I didn`t know you have the same system.

But what karass told me about the motherboard burned there is reason why motherboard burned.

That is my question onkarass :?:

Mandrake-user :wink:

I got your e-mail, and returned some questions to you. In re-reading the posts, I think that the reason your Zip currently works is that your current computer has scsi, either a card or on the motherboard.

What I mean by operating system, is that scsi is a type of hardware. Linux (Mandrake) will run this hardware, but the Zip must connect to a scsi input. The board you listed does not have this, only ide input. Therefore, to use any scsi device with your new board, you will have to purchase a pci scsi controller, a card. It will install into a pci slot, and you will be able to attach your Zip through this card.

RAID can be either ide or scsi; your new board is ide RAID.

I'm not sure I understand your reference to root in the console. Could you explain please?

Ixthusdan you ask me:

I'm not sure I understand your reference to root in the console. Could you explain please?

Ok in to console (shell) you /we can find out what kind hardware is connect to the motherboard/

board so linux can tell me in console what kind of hardware I have on my system.I like to know what I have to type that I can get the answer from the console .

But if you don`t understand thats ok in 25-30 days from today I will find out. :wink: :lol:

Anyway I have lots of fun in linux :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :wink:

Ixthusdan

You will need to purchase a scsi card in order to use your zip. The zip is a scsi-II. Mandrake is good at setting up scsi, so there should be no problem, once you have the additional card.

RAID is a hard drive array that can give you a faster system, better error recovery from storage, and longer lasting hardware. It is also more expensive to run correctly (you need additional hard drives) and it can give you a headache setting up.

I usually only setup RAID on servers, rather than desktop machines.

The person installed my linux and other stuff,he told me today I have scsi card on my board.

So how can I find out about my scsi card,is ther a way to find out?

Mandrake-user :roll:

If I understand, your friend told you that your old computer has on-board scsi. This means that you cannot remove the scsi port and use it in your new computer. You need a scsi card that will install into a pci slot.

The motherboard model number EP8kta+pro does not have scsi ports, only ide.

Ixthusdan

You need a scsi card that will install into a pci slot.

Yes,I have scsi card installed into pci slot and I can take it with me to use in my new board.