Upgrading from 2009.0. to 2009.1 via DVD

johnd

A couple of evenings ago I upgraded from 2009.0 to 2009.1 with the 32bit DVD. When I get time I think I will do a clean install! The following happened:

1. I have lost my graphical boot up screen - it still boots into the GUI but with text background.

2. The widgets seem to have done a bunk. Ones that were installed don't go and won't reinstall.

3. The computer seems sluggish (maybe with a higher CPU usage but I don't have evidence of that - was going "snappy" before and now seems to be using about 40% CPU at least at idle.

4. At first boot there was no keyboard or mouse - had to change to another kernel.

Just interested to see if there are any comments - maybe my best course of action is a clean install?

JOhn

My personal preference is to always do a clean install. I have never done a fully successful upgrade, not to say it can't be done, it's just that I have tailored the system to my requirements and an upgrade doesn't seem to work for me. Also with a clean install it gives one a chance to get rid of all the garbage that has been collected. ;)