how to upgrade Glibc-2.8 to Glibc-2.9

Xcross87

guys, i wonder if there is a way to upgrade glibc-2.8 to glibc-2.9 from Mandriva 2009.0 (Errata) not 2009.1 (Alpha 1).

as you know, Mandriva just release new in several months and it's quite annoying if I want to use a software that I'm required to upgrade to new versions.

My current problem is that I want to install openLDAP but it requires glibc-2.9 (because glibc-2.8 has error in IPv6 iptables, you can see it here); therefore, I want to upgrade my current glibc. It would be crazy if everytime I need to install new Mandriva release in order to use the latest release of glibc.

I need some supports. Tks !

i wonder if there is a way to upgrade glibc-2.8 to glibc-2.9 from Mandriva 2009.0

That's not an easy task, there are several system programs that depend on the libc libs, and all of those programs would have to be recompiled using the new glibc. I would not suggest trying to do that.

I have just checked and openldap-2.4.15-1 is in the official 2009.0 /media/main/backports repo if that helps you.