KDE4.2.3

xboxboy

No. I' sure they won't be packaged- at least officially.

And- anyway, if you're a laptop user, this release has some weird issues with the power management deamon. They will likely be fixed post-install, but ATM this is a showstopper for all laptop users.

Edited by scarecrow

No. I' sure they won't be packaged- at least officially.

And- anyway, if you're a laptop user, this release has some weird issues with the power management deamon. They will likely be fixed post-install, but ATM this is a showstopper for all laptop users.

The packages from:

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/

aren't offical are they?

Guest xircon

I have KDE4.2.3 installed, all you need to do is:

urpmi.addmedia kde42-20091 ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Linux/Mandrake/devel/2009.1/i586/media/main/testing/
urpmi.update -a
urpmi --auto-select -v

Edited by xircon

• 2 weeks later...

The PM bug is gone in 4.2.3.

Other than that, I cannot play embedded video in Konqueror (used to work great on 4.2.2). Instead of opening the browser plugin (tried both gecko-mediaplaer and the kmplayer addon) it asks about the indicated application to load the streaming media.

EDIT: After removing kmplayer and keeping gecko-mediaplayer some streaming media do play fine, while others not. Apparently it's a file associations issue, which is rather specific to the packages used, and not KDE itself.

Edited by scarecrow

so other than the power management bug, anyone know of other issues? I'm not using Mandy on a laptop, so I'm not worried about THAT bug, haha

well I could say I had problems with my video cuz KDE4 use too much resorces...and I couldn't play (fullscreen) video on KDE4 and having compiz installed and running at the same time...also the power management, panels, applets, but after you solve those problems you won't feel comfortable... my powermanagement was solved with kpowersave....the panels and applets trying and trying XD....but now in 2009.1 it isn't like that anymore :thumbs: