KDE4.2 minor niggles

Hi, I've just installed 2009.9 on my laptop, and have a couple of niggles with kde 4.2 ("only a couple" you say?)

whenever I send an app shortcut to desktop, it sits right over another icon, even though I've selected

to sort icons by name, and allign to grid.

Also, my synaptic touchpad is very sensitive to touch, but how can I configure it?

Qsynaptics is installed, but has no ability to control sensitivity, (perhaps it's a driver issue?)

How can I re-size panel icons? They appear quite large and clunky, and there doesn't appear to be anywhere in panel

settings to adjust icon size.

I know these are only minor problems, and really I quite pleased with mandriva,

(having come from sidux where my touchpad died immiediately after upgrade to KDE4.2). But I must admit I preferred

KDE3.5, but I suppose progress is progress.

Thankyou

Icon sizes are set in Configure Your Desktop->Appearance->Icons->advanced

I can't help with your other niggles, sorry.

I can't set the size of the panel icons here. It's greyed out. And a short Googling didn't turned out anything useful. Unless others can't do it either is useful.

I can't set the size of the panel icons here. It's greyed out. And a short Googling didn't turned out anything useful. Unless others can't do it either is useful.

You are right, not even when starting systemsettings as root.

my panel option was greyed out too, but then I tried 'main toolbar' which was set at 22, and changed it to 16, and it worked, thanks again for tip.

I'm going to try Gsynaptics as suggested in the ArchLinux wiki, the other solutions seem quite involved, and though I don't mind editing config and init

files, from experience I've found it hard to backtrack when something I do doesn't work!

Thanks for suggestions