Palm OS 5 expenses

phunni

I have my shiny new Sony Clie and I have (eventually) managed to get it all up and running! woo hoo!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the old expenses application for Palm OS 5? I really liked it and it looks like Jpilot will sync with it, but I can't find it in Palm OS 5

AFAIK expense stopped shipping when Palm moved to OS 4 (I maight be wrong) I've searched my windows disk and nothing appears anywhere.

Strangely expenses is still a part of the Palm desktop. I do have a few palm files named expense* but none seem to be installable prc /pdb files

I'd like to get this working myself.

• 1 month later...
I have my shiny new Sony Clie and I have (eventually) managed to get it all up and running! woo hoo!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the old expenses application for Palm OS 5?  I really liked it and it looks like Jpilot will sync with it, but I can't find it in Palm OS 5

phunni, hi. I used to have a Palm but I bought a Zaurus and am very happy with it (once I got it working with mdk9.1). I like the Palm OS because it's simple but effective. I would be interested to know how you got it working but I think you might not be using it with Mandrake right? It's possible I might get another Palm in the future and am interested to know what your opinion of the device is within the context of Linux. I am not interested in Windows syncing at all :P

Cheers.

I have recently (over the past year or so) tried both a Pocket PC pda, a linux PDA (my pocket pc ipaq with linux installed on it - effectively a zaurus as far as syncing is concerned at least) and a palm (my clie).

I think that as far as OSes go - all the options are very good - although each has a few points that let it down. As far as syncing with linux is concerned - palm wins hands down.

I was able to succesfully sync the others as well - but syncing was far from perfect. With my palm it has been solid and reliable and I have never lost any data.

I use gentoo at present (although I am preparing to go to arch linux) and I found that I did need a few tweaks to get it working (which is the same for zaurus and pocket pc) - but I suspect it would be much easier in mandrake - may even work "out of the box"

I would recommend multisync for both pocket pc and zaurus. It 'a pig to set up, but it performs better tha the alternatives when you do have it working - and the mailing lists are full of people willing to help you if you get stuck

• 2 weeks later...