Another Windows versus Linux on the desktop comparison

Guest Mestizo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: that's the best divisontwo joke yet...

only thing I'm worried about is that when clueless people are browsing around for windoze vs linux info, they will read that and get taken in... well it COULD happen... I mean, not everyone's as informed as we are... :?

Guest Mestizo
I'm running XP on the monster rig I use at home--a brand new Compaq mid-tower--and the OS blazes like a Corvette.

LMAO :lol:

Compaq mid-tower...what a beast!

Yes, that has to be one of their best pieces I read from that site. I don't think it matters whether a reader takes it for fact or fiction --- the choice is obvious!

I can envision MS revoking his certification, much like how they canned Dan Geer for speaking out on the security issues with MS.

Guest Biepwok
but with Windows XP I don't gotta worry about emailing viruses to my friends and family at all. The built-in email client Outlook Express does it automatically, in the background.

Well, he's right about that one... although I guess that's not what he was trying to say :lol:

I laghed so hard I almost peed when I read this line,

despite what some open source fascists will tell you

As for this being a joke, I wish. Just look at the top of the page, "Jorge Lopez, MCSE"

MCSE = Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

THis brain dead retard actualy belives that it's all true.

but with Windows XP I don't gotta worry about emailing viruses to my friends and family at all. The built-in email client Outlook Express does it automatically, in the background.

Well, he's right about that one... although I guess that's not what he was trying to say :lol:

ROFL!!!!

I didn't even notice that the first time through. :lol:

:lol:

Hey, everybody, are you familiar with Voltaire and the art of satire? This entire article is an excellent satire, even the mcse stuff. Look at the first paragraph. No administrator "does" anything directly on the server as described! I can't imagine any computer geek bragging about ripping cd's on the server. It is sarcasm. He even starts by talking about useability and immediately goes into an advertisement for running a robust network. I have three machines on my home network, and that's more than most of the people I know! Again, satire.

It is a good and funny read! :wink:

My impression of the Jorge Lopez, MCSE was that it was just a joke picture... :? or, would they get in trouble with MS for using "MCSE" satirically ?

Anyway, at first glance I figured the pic & MCSE were a joke. It's just an illegal immigrant, or a road worker or something.