Mozilla 1.4 font SIZE settings........(SOLVED)

chris z

Googled & searched the forum, but found nothing about this annoyance specifically......

a bit of background.....

i'm running Moz1.4 on my MDK machine at home. during initial MDK install (months ago) i had video driver problems until i settled on a less then stellar screen setting of 800x600 res. just to get things working. i was playing around with drivers & settings last night & found a driver that works just wonderfully with 1024x768 res. :D now, the annoyance........

i'm using KDE. i know i can change font styles, sizes, etc. in KCC, which i have done to make things easier on the eyes at 1024x768. that's good for KDE system settings. but.......my Moz fonts are horribly small & i can't figure out how to change the font SIZES in Moz. in edit->preferences i've played around with different font styles, DPI settings & proportional size & monospace size, but that doesn't increase the font sizes, per se. it only renders pages slightly different. the question.......

where the fork do you go to change font sizes in Moz1.4???!!!! :?

if it's something obvious that i'm missing, feel free to give me a virtual kick in the a$$, but at least clue me in.

i'm at work now, so i won't be able to try any suggestions 'til tonight. well, actually, i can use my browser here as a guinea pig 'cause i'm also using Moz1.4 at work. :wink:

awaiting your wisdom, am i.........

Chris

Its in edit/preferences/ appearance/fonts :)

Look at the bottom of the panel where it says "Display resolution,use system settings etc " to the right and above that it says "minimum font size"

My sugestion would be to try 11, and see how it looks.

anon,

see, that just seems so obvious that i never even played with that setting. :shock: just tried that in the W2K machine here at work & it works wonderfully! :D can't wait to try it at home tonight. the eye strain was getting severe!

(ok, you may now give me that virtual kick in the a$$! :lol: )

thanks.......i'll post the result & close this thread if all works well at home!)

Chris

just so ya know, Anon's suggestion works on MDK too!

thanks again,

Chris