A Linux Distro for Barbie?

spinynorman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Google knows nothing about a BarbieOS, so it seems it is a joke or a very well kept secret.

I have three sisters and three daughters (whoa_is_me :wink: ). My sisters grew up with barbie's (and ken :wink:) but early we on decided our's would have nothing to do with them. Well, after years of little comments here and there and complacency (<--spelling?) of our own I got a no_name cheap downhome style doll and some other conservative dolls etc.... Time goes on years pass by, then they have a barbie rupunzal (<--spelling?), then the first skimpy dress thing, and then the wake up call.....as my 6 year old stares into space, gazing rt through the doll, and says "I hope I'm as beautiful as she is someday" :shock: EEEeeehh. All but one barbie game is restricted and other things are being done as well to get our daughter back, but I just thought I'd share :wink:

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/ngjw2/066%20Ba...aby%20Dolls.htm

"We make no distinction between software pirates and those that harbor them," the BSA wrote in a statement. "Anyone who installs or uses unlicensed software is threat to both Microsoft interests and national security, and will be dealt with in a harsh and swift manner." All Children's World students and staff are currently being held without bail in Rice County as they await federal charges.

Under the new USA Patriot Act, even extended family members of users of unlicensed Microsoft software can face steep criminal penalties. The mother of the slain boy was arraigned in Minnesota Superior Court today for harboring a user of pirated software. If convicted, the woman, whose name has not been released to the media, could face up to $50 million in fines or two years in prison. Parents of the children who were wounded are also facing criminal charges.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: This is taken from the Audit raid link above - not the original Barbie OS that started this thread

Ken is gay. I want a GI Joe computer. Those were the "dolls" for real boys during the 60's and 70's.

It would, of course, be based on Mandrake. This GI Joe OS would be very simple to install, so any grunt can have it up in running in less than one hour. You will never have to worry about hackers since it installs its own perimeter defense with several options to strengthen your home base install.

Your primary objective is to rid the world of the evil empire. This OS will come with several choices (free of course) of battle plans to attack the enemy. It will begin with a plan of action to take over enemy operations within your own network and then proceed to conquer others as your mission progresses in time.

PS bvc, you don't need another OS... you need another bathroom instead.

I've heard that all my life.....had three at one time and it still wasn't enough :lol: .....always late :roll: ...I got so use to it....now I'm the reason we're always late :P ..I keep thing I have more time-there're 4 women having to get ready to leave :lol: .

Come on everyone. Don't tell me that most of you couldn't pick up that the article was a hoax as are all the other articles on the website? They are very clever articles to be sure. Or is it only us Aussies that can pick good hoaxes? Cheers. John :P :lol: :P :P :D

Actually this demonstrates something very interesting; to me at least.

Mystified actually got really upset over the wording but consider this:

Lets imagine it was real.

Imagine a group of marketing people had been involved and really determined that oval windows were more friendly than square ones to females.

Then the market the product and don't say anything.

Is anyone offended?

Now, lets say they are honest and actually admit they have made the windows oval to be more female friendly.....

And everyone is offended by their honesty.

Guys,

Same thing.....

Lets say they market the GI Joe one and replace the mouse with a nipple thing becuase some 'market research' indicates 8 year old boys have a nipple fixation......

The point is we are being subjected to this marketing crap? on a daily basis.

What about making in pink...... is this a society induced thing or do more women than not really like pink!

(Mystified - As I sit typing I am dressed as usual 100% in black)

So what is more offensive.....

The fact that this marketing phycology stuff is applied to us every day or the fact that a company (imagine its real) actually says it?