Dolphin File Manager

xboxboy

I've just done a major copy of data from an external disk drive I use for backup to my desktop.

At first a box pops up showing the data transfer, but then it disappears. How can I tell when the data transfer is complete?

The box disappears to the systray (my icon is a lifebuoy) sometimes it hangs around long enough for you to click on it. You can then see if the transfer has completed. Other than that the only other notification I have seen is at the bottom of the dolphin file manager. It says something like 'Copy operation completed' along with a checkmark. I hope they improve notification, with a popup (configurable of course) that disappears when you click it.

Thanks Nexus....I agree that it needs improvement and the click box is my wish. Its a bit daunting waiting for 50+gb to transfer, I have no idea how long it takes on my new box.

The light on my drive has stopped flashing so I pretty sure its all done. Didn't actually take note of the bottom of Dolphin at the time.

Aaron Seigo has sort off admitted that the notification for filecopying was rather flawed, atm they are looking at reverting to 4.1 behaviour of try to keep the notification open longer but imho such a big flaw should have been fixed with the first possible update and not be discussed/looked into...

As nexus stated the box does disappear to the tray, and then it can be clicked upon and the progress shown. I just done another batch of transfers and was sure to watch the progress this time.