Fortran 77 program [solved]

Hi guys

I have a code written by fortran 77, it has been working fine, but after I add some changes. I had comiled and does not give me any error messages, but when had the command ./a.out to display the results, it says killed, and I do not have no idea what this means.

please help me out :wall:

I am disperte for help, I have produced plot by GNUPLOT ,

set terminal postscript

set output "figure.png"

but when I tried to insert them in presentation file(poster), it appears the postscripts lines not the figure

please help me out

What's that got to do with "Fortran 77 program" ??? :huh: It doesn't help to ask questions about zipping and latex and gnuplot in a "fortran 77" thread!

But to answer your question, you just told it to output a postscript file and call it "figure.png". So that's what it did.

If you want a png file, use "set terminal png".

What's that got to do with "Fortran 77 program" ??? :huh: It doesn't help to ask questions about zipping and latex and gnuplot in a "fortran 77" thread!
Agreed. This is not the way to get help here.

Stephni- Please let us know when your problems are resolved so we can mark the thread solved. Then when you have another question you can start a new thread with that title. This method will get you more help on this forum. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it depends whether you know how wide the columns are. Are they fixed width, or variable width?

If they're fixed, you can just cut them with the substring function, or use the READ command. If not then you'll either need to use regular expressions or a more basic search function...