Moonlight?

newdog

Has anybody succeeded in using this with Mandriva?

http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/Default.aspx

I would like to watch the SkyPlayer with the FireFox browser but being a linux novice I don't

want to mess up my system by experimenting.

Suse, Fedora and Ubunto are the only systems supported.

Fingers crossed. :D

[moved from Software by Greg2]

I'm not sure what you mean by “Suse, Fedora and Ubunto are the only systems supported.� It works fine for me using Mandriva 2009.0, it's simply a firefox plugin that you install using the instructions in that link. Then you install the Windows codecs package using that plugin.

I'm not sure what you mean by “Suse, Fedora and Ubunto are the only systems supported.� It works fine for me using Mandriva 2009.0, it's simply a firefox plugin that you install using the instructions in that link. Then you install the Windows codecs package using that plugin.

Hi Greg, I was repeating what I had read on this link:

http://www.mono-project.com/MoonlightSupportedPlatforms

As you say it works for you then I will give it a go.

Thanks.

From skyplayer.sky.com

All you need is a good broadband internet connection and a PC or Intel-based Mac with the Microsoft Silverlight 2.0 browser plug-in.
So it appears that you will have to wait for Moonlight 2.0 to be released. According to the MoonlightRoadmap, there should be a Beta release in mid May 2009.

Reiver, he means he's not desperate to resort to using Windows version of Firefox in wine and that he'd wait to run it natively in the Linux version. I don't know about you, but wine for me is a last resort if there's no native version and that I must resort to Windows apps in wine before taking the worst step and actually having to run Windows itself if it never worked in wine! All boils down to Windows, and hence why not desperate :)

Reiver, he means he's not desperate to resort to using Windows version of Firefox in wine and that he'd wait to run it natively in the Linux version. I don't know about you, but wine for me is a last resort if there's no native version and that I must resort to Windows apps in wine before taking the worst step and actually having to run Windows itself if it never worked in wine! All boils down to Windows, and hence why not desperate :)

Correct.

I still have a Windows OS for a few apps that I have paid for in the past but I don't let it access the internet.

If you look at my profile you will see that I joined this forum in 2006.

First I had XP and Mandrake V 9. Followed by V 10 then Mandriva 2008 spring.

When I built this machine I decided to leave MS and stick with Mandriva.

I won't go back. ;)