Download 9.2 ISOs with BitTorrent

Guest gamito

Hi,

To download the new 9.2 final ISOs of Mandrake with BitTorrent is it necessary to install a server too ?

I think my ISP won't enjoy the idea :-(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mário Gamito

To download the new 9.2 final ISOs of Mandrake with BitTorrent is it necessary to install a server too ?

You do not run a server, it just uploads as well as downloads so others can get it. The upload cannot exceed your bandwidth, so your ISP will not get upset.

BitTorrent is just a new way to use what is already there. Take a look at this diagram to understand how it works:

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/introduction.html

You can get BitTorrent RPMS for Mandrake from Texstar:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distribut...drake/9.1/rpms/

so is this bittorrent the same thing as the "jigdo" (jigsaw download) that Debian is pushing... :?

I tried the jigdo thing with the debian CDs, but got confused with the command line prompts, and didn't do it right. Ended up just getting the deb CDs the regular slow ftp way.

or is it something different ?

Hmmmmmmmm

Thats interesting..... I'm very active in Mandrake's community (at least on IRC) and even op'ing in #mandrake on freenode... but AFAIK - there are no Final isos released yet.... so please make it clear for us.... What exactly did you download ??

Phazeman

It's only available to club members. It's gonna be avail to use at the end of october. Fair enough, they are more test dummies :D

He is one. :shock: :shock:

James