USB Wireless connection

xboxboy

Hi guys,

I have a D-link wireless usb connection. In windows it was a matter of installing the drivers and plugging in. How ever I'm not sure where to start with Mandy. I plugged it in and nothing happend, or so it seemed.

It's model is DWA-110. The d-link site didn't appear to have any linux on there at all.

The modprobe command scarecrow gave will modprobe all possible kernel modules, and therefore if the module wasn't loaded for that particular USB modem, then it would have been loaded with that command. Alternatively, you can do modprobe specifying a particular module, and then only that one module would have been loaded.

[root@localhost matthew]# modprobe -a
Usage: modprobe [-v] [-V] [-C config-file] [-n] [-i] [-q] [-b] [-o <modname>] [ --dump-modversions ] <modname> [parameters...]
modprobe -r [-n] [-i] [-v] <modulename> ...
modprobe -l -t <dirname> [ -a <modulename> ...]
[root@localhost matthew]# lsmod | grep rt73usb
rt73usb				25472  0
crc_itu_t			   5888  1 rt73usb
rt2x00usb			  13056  1 rt73usb
rt2x00lib			  29312  2 rt73usb,rt2x00usb
usbcore			   137968  9 rt73usb,rt2x00usb,usblp,usb_storage,uhci_hcd,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd,usbhid
[root@localhost matthew]#

Looks as though the lsmod command works.

I loaded MCC and the wireless card is showing as a connection adaptor, so hopefully I just need to configure it.

i dont know if anyone else has had this issue, but i did have an issue attempting to setup several different USB adapters when using open WEP as security.

On most distros I could see my link and everything esle. but NOTHING could get them to 'connect' via open wep

I would manually enter the key asnd it failed every single time.