kernel 2.6.27.19

Hi there,

my current kernel is : 2.6.27.14-desktop-1mnb

This is what i did, please wait for someone to confirm thou as I sometimes do things the difficult way.

In add and remove software I added kernel-latest, which apparently will update when new MANDRIVA kernels are available. You can use the latest linux kernel, and I have done it in the past, but I am told to stick with the mandriva ones, which are optimised for the purpose intended.

So far I have seen it update the kernel twice I think.

One word of warning here alanman. I have just done that update and unfortunately it didn't include the kernel-devel files for the -19 kernel, with the result that dkms can do nothing and drops you into a shell. You will then have to use urpmi to download the kernel-devel file for that kernel and reboot before anything will work.

I also added kerne-devel-latest, but I still have to compile the NVIDIA driver everytime i update the kernel. Hence I only do it when i have time to repair the install should something go awry.

I also added kerne-devel-latest, but I still have to compile the NVIDIA driver everytime i update the kernel.
That's weird. Stuff like my Nvidia and Virtualbox modules get recompiled automatically upon a reboot.

That's weird. Stuff like my Nvidia and Virtualbox modules get recompiled automatically upon a reboot.

Are you using the mandriva nvidia drivers? I am using the nvidia driver i downloaded from the nvidia site.

I am using the nvidia driver i downloaded from the nvidia site.
Same here. The only difference is I use the kernel-source instead of kernel-devel. I've never had much joy using the kernel-devel files. I know the kernel-source is bigger than the devel, I can afford the space :)