Video Codec?

xboxboy

Hi guys,

I have a kodak camera which I'm generally happy with. Unfortunately when I try to watch movies I've made the colours are all incorrect. The picture is there, just the colours are terrible. Humans are Purple! :lol2:

I expect that this is a codec issue? From what I can gather I only have the 2009 Mandriva installed ones, as I haven't added any.

Does this sound correct?

Do you know what codec the camera uses to make the videos? This will help, then we can ensure we have the relevant one installed for it to use. Unless you have this already installed, and it's just misinterpreted the colours.

Try installing Mediainfo http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en (there is even a ready Mandriva rpm available to download on the web site) and run it against one of your video files from your camera to identify the exact specs of the file and the post the output here.

Edited by tux99

If you are using a nvidia card, then this is a known bug. So if it's actually a nvidia try this: open menu>tools>system tools>nvidia display settings, this should correct the video colours instantaneously, if it persists open "X server XVideo Settings" and click "reset hardware defaults".

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.