XFCE 4.6

dexter11

It may not be the perfect DE, but ATM there's nothing better than that (probably KDE 3.5.10, but since it's obsolete we'd rather try something else instead).

Never was a truer word spoken - I use nothing else but XFCE now (actually not quite, I still use KDE 3.5.10 on suse 11, for two reasons, first it is the only KDE distro that hasn't self-destrtucted by trying to make KDE4 work and secondly because XFCE won't work on Suse 11 - not for me anyway). Truth is I hardly ever use Suse anyway, the only reason I haven't deleted it is because it is the only one of my 4 distros on which the BBC Iplayer desktop will work properly (ie. will save programs to disk as well as stream them). Something to do with Kwalletmanager I think.

Yes, xfce-goodies-4.6-installer.run. Before I install all library from how-to / Preparations

file:///home/lex/Pobrane/xfce-4.6.0/Instalation.html , ouuuu

Installing Xfce

Benedikt Meurer

....lex

i have never used the xfce installer, only mdv packages, I believe exo is part of xfce

You have to install the regular xfce 4.6 stuff before xfce4-goodies. I never install the full "goodies", as they have several annoying Gnome dependencies (the most annoying one in the case of XFCE 4.6: gstreamer).

Plus that I do not like the idea of installing such stuff over a regular rpm, deb or whatever-package-there-is distribution... There is always the danger overwriting system files.

Edited by scarecrow