Hiding all emails

Rowan

Hello all.

I suspect that a member of my family is reading my existing emails and I am, of course, becoming somewhat concerned. I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 and I am happy with it.

I would like to know if it is possible to input a master password or some such thing that blanks out all my existing mail - inbox, sent, drafts etc - so that the folders appear empty until a master p/w in entered ? Or alternatively won't allow Thunderbird to open at all until the p/w is entered.

If this option is not available with Thunderbird is there an alternative mail system that offers this option - Evolution, Opers etc ?

I don't want to have to go to the trouble of printing and then deleting my mail. I already have passwords on my incoming mail but there appears to be no way to protect existing mail.

Any help will prevent me from becoming completely paranoid.

If you want to leave the machine active you could always log out, then as medo3891 says your files and folders will not be accessible to anyone except you and root. You will need to set permissions so that no-one else can enter your private folders. Of course if other members of your family know the root password then it's very difficult.

Edited by SilverSurfer60