Epic talk about UT2004 and future games

DOlson

mmmm... How can i answer that... Oh, I know! :twisted:

I would search in the manual if i had the game, but as i dont i cant...

Besides, manuals always say (sorry for the word) shit. Their specs are always or to low or to high... the best way to know is to ask someone how has it, at least that was what i thought...

Okay, you missed my sense of humor as well. Let me explain it to you.

You asked if you could run UT2003 on <insert some wacky low-end system that will crawl, if even that, with that sort of a game> and so I responded by pointing you at a different game, namely Majesty. I mentioned that I was in the manual, just because I am, and I'm sorta proud that I am (even though I was just a beta tester). Anyhow, Majesty would run like a champ on that system you have, but UT2003 will not. It will crawl. It crawls on my system, but it's fairly playable if I turn down some (read: all) of the details.

Your system is basically half of my system:

AMD 1.2GHz / 2 = P3 550

512MB RAM / 2 = 256MB RAM

GF4Ti4200 / 2 = GF2GTS

So theoretically, the game would run half as "good" on your system as it does on mine, and I doubt that overclocking will help you much.

In any case, why not just try the demo? Not like the specs are much different, aside from disk space, between the demo and the full game. It's only 145MB, and even on dialup, it won't take that long to get it... Maybe 8 hours.

Yeah i did. sorry!

As English its not my native language, i might misunderstand some things, hope i wasnt to rude with my answer, coz i didnt meant to.

I didnt know about a name called Majesty, and i dont know whats about, if you tell me a bit more, i might get interested... ;)

I cant believe it runs bad on a GF4 Ti4200 coupled with a 1.2 Athlon... i would doble check some things!!! I do believe it wont run flawlessly but not crawling!

Anyway, what i really want to get working is Counter Strike or Day of Defeat... that would be real nice, though i dont have any free time for now to try it. As soon as i can i will post something about this.

About the demo, i would ask someone else to download it --a friend with cable or dsl--, i cant spend 8 hours downloading just a demo of a game... its just not me!

Thanks for going deeper in your explination.

Majesty is a great game that LGP released a short time ago. I was on the beta, so I'm listed in the manual. It's not a FPS game, so if you were hoping it was, sorry to disappoint.

You might like it though. You build up your kingdom and you get quests and you defend your castle and stuff like that. You don't control units directly, you influence them with cash rewards. It's neat though...

Anyhow, it's not for everyone, but it does run well, even on lower-end machines.

Here's a screenshot of it:

http://www.strategyplanet.com/majesty/scre...reenshot002.jpg

Hi,

well, actually im more of a strategy kind of guy... :D

Lately i dont play much, but one reason is being in Linux...

Some games i used to play and still do from time to time:

Civ2, Civ3.

Hearts of Iron

Combat Mission

Superpower

Diablo 2

.... cant think any other really addictive right now but im sure im missing some.

Had some dissapointment with:

Warcraft3

Age of kings (age of empires2)

C&C Generals

Well thats about it...

I could argue for hours why W3, AoK or C&C are no way what they used to be, but in short, they went for graphics instead of going deeper into strategy or tactics...

I will look for Majesty and read about it, it sounds interesting ;)

There is a native version for Linux, i assume.