gnome-screensaver-dialog bug

theYinYeti

I have a minor but very annoying bug. When my Gnome session is locked, and I try to unlock it by entering the password (this dialog is the “gnome-screensaver-dialog†process), the password-checking seems to take an infinite amount of time. So I have to CtrlAltF2, login as root, killall gnome-screensaver-dialog, CtrlAltF7, and try again.

Sometimes, the bug doesn't happen, sometimes, it happens only once, sometimes twice, sometimes 5 or 6 times. The success always comes eventually, but this is very annoying.

This happens since I switched to Mandriva 2009.0 (2008-10-17), but I didn't report anything so far because my Gnome session is heavily modified, and the home-directory is a bit old (2007).

But I recently did a fresh install of Mandriva 2009.0 on my “sedentaire†PC, with a new user having a default Gnome session, and the bug happened; that's when I decided it was time to ask.

What are the cause and the cure to this problem?

Yves.

I also had this when I had Mandriva 2009 also. I also posted in the bugs about it, although I don't remember what happened with the bug. The bug was acknowledged but more than that, I've no idea. Hopefully someone will actually fix it.