Artwiz fonts

william

Sorry if not in the right forum....

I have been trying to get artwiz fonts to work , recently. But without success, even after doing a forum / google search. Previewing some possible questions (if a got a help..) here goes what I did:

in terminal:

1 ) Uncompressed the bz2 file to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ directory

cd artwiz-aleczapka

mkfontdir

chkfontpath -q -a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/artwiz-aleczapka:unscaled

and restarted the font server...;

2 ) Checked if the fonts were there in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/artwiz-aleczapka directory (for sure they were there represented by 17 .pcf files);

3 ) Changed permissionss, typing;

chmod a+x /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/artwiz-aleczapka 

4 ) Opened mcc and gedit to check if the fonts were there available (it werent);

5 ) Included in .xintrc the following lines: ( marks in keybord  have just vanished) 

export LC=C

export LC_ALL=C

and artwiz fonts are still not available in mcc and for general system use .

Do I miss something? Any help (as always) will be very much appreciated.

tyme, as I told you I didn't get a sytem wide install here, despite getting it to work with flux after editing my style file.

Does anyone here have any clue?

What I mean is to have gnome apps running under fluxbox and loading artwiz fonts.

After learning and trying to get a little more familiar with GTK issues, finally I could figure out what was really going on here.

I had already an artwiz system wide installation here when I posted the question above. Actually, my problem (due to my ignorance) was related to Gtk 1 and 2 applications, I was not getting any sort of fonts working with gnome and kde applications other than sans.

As soon as I got gtk-theme-switch 1 and 2 installed I've been able to have all applications (rox filer, gain, evolution, gedit...) running with the font and theme I set on the fly.

Sorry for my stupidity and senseless questions guys. :oops: