software problems (ndiswrapper, rpmdrake,gtk)

demonseth17

You can't learn it all from any one book or resource. I've been using Linux as my primary OS for over 7 years now, and used it occasionally for 2 years before that... I still learn something new every day I use it. :)

I would suggest for the most complete on-line resource for you to use would be: TLDP

For a book you can purchase or read on-line there's 'Linux in a nutshell'. Here's a link for the cli commands from the book and it contains a link to purchase it or read it on-line: Alphabetical Directory of Linux Commands

Other 'very' good resources are the: wiki.mandrivausers.org and the: wiki.mandriva.com/Docs

And don't forget, we're also here to help! :)

yeah I've been in the linux documentation project and I had that linux in a nutshell but I lost it when I screwed my first linux installation :o (lmao) but right now I'm studying hard the kernel cuz everything I've heard is connected in some way with the kernel (core) so I'm reading linux kernel in a nutshell and Understanding the linux kernel ...those books have a lot of info but what really makes me think is how can I do what you've done?..those values and files you made me create and write some commands (how do I learn about those things)....it's very cool! thx and I hope this will help someone with the same problem....

Edited by ianw1974
links removed - piracy not allowed here