9.2 rc2 released

shoegoo

Mandrake usually doesn't announce new RC's for a day or so, to let it populate itself to the various mirrors and possibly also to give those finactics out there time to get it before the masses hit up the mirrors for some mdk style lovin' ;-)

http://www.linuxmandrake.com/en/92beta.php3

Corrections from beta1 include:

- Rpmdrake now functional

- Upgrade from former versions now fully handled

- New windows are now conveniently centered

Urpmi and rpmdrake still complain about missing key. This issue should be fixed in the next beta.

Improvements:

- First version of Netprofile, the new network profiles manager designed for users who connect to multiple networks. Feedback is highly requested for this newly introduced feature.

- Complete rewrite of userdrake (user management) in Gtk2

- New bootsplash (graphical boot) with graphical design not completed

- Improved localization

- New font support for Indian

- Enhanced drakTermServ (terminal server configurator).

New software versions:

- KDE 3.1.3

- GNOME 2.3.5

- Evolution 1.4.4

- Openldap 2.1.22

- kerberos5 1.3

we're on rc2 not beta 2..;)

Last modified: Tue Sep 9 13:28:17 2003 from there rc2(beta2) site. You figure it out. :wink:

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/92beta.php3

The info above changed the info below hasn't changed. That beta 2 info is the same info posted when the beta 2 release was up..;)

I hope ya know I am just pokin fun at ya..:)

we're on rc2 not beta 2..;)

Last modified: Tue Sep 9 13:28:17 2003 from there rc2(beta2) site. You figure it out. :wink:

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/92beta.php3

The info above changed the info below hasn't changed. That beta 2 info is the same info posted when the beta 2 release was up..;)

I hope ya know I am just pokin fun at ya..:)

Doesn't bother me at all, just posting what was on there site.

I know cybrjackle I just couldn't resist..:)

Anyways has anyone installed this yet? I just finished installing and the install worked perfect. Didn't work worth two sense in rc1 for me.. I love how they split up the kde packages. Heck so far I am really digging mdk 9.2. Anyways I'll post more heck I may even be able to post some screen shots in abit..

I know cybrjackle I just couldn't resist..:)

Anyways has anyone installed this yet? I just finished installing and the install worked perfect. Didn't work worth two sense in rc1 for me.. I love how they split up the kde packages. Heck so far I am really digging mdk 9.2. Anyways I'll post more heck I may even be able to post some screen shots in abit..

You go boy!!

I have gentoo running on three systems at home but was thinking of putting rc2 on my laptop for a spin. I'm starting to forget RPM commands. :oops: Not that it's a bad thing. :wink:

"well, besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"....in other words, how is 9.2Rc2? I have seen almost nothing about the releases, which is very unusualy! Is 9.2 to be going to be good? What do you think about 9.2rc2?

I respect you (Motts) and any input you can give would be greatly appreciated(I like to never found out how to spell that word :D ). Any way, how good does 9.2 look like it may be?