Apple dumps fairplay, all drm songs can be freed!

iceyintel

ow, i just saw on aol this http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/itunes-...arily-drm-free/ i quickly ran on to windows and upgraded my account to plus, it was $9.30 but its worth not having drm anymore, itunes redownloaded all my songs that were drm, dumped the drm songs on the trash *recycle bin or w/e* and then now itunes has all my crap in m4a (drm free) and at a higher bit rite (idk why the drm ones had lower biterate of 192 and the m4a are downloaded at 256 or something like that) at least now apple is now giving itunes users more freedom.

But 1 problem, amarok won't play my m4a! I have gstreamer ugly? what do i do now? will xine work?

opps, oh well need it answered badly, everytime i click on the file in amarok "no track playing " or something like that, yet it lists it in collection, nothing will play them, elisa, vlc player, i tried xine preferred that did nothing.There is nothing wrong with the file because they arn't drm files and file browsing in windows and clicking on it opens itunes and plays them.

according to the wikipedia article, several linux media players are capable of playing .m4a, including amarok - so apparently it's a matter of getting the right plugin. there are also m4a to mp3 converters out there.

Edited by tyme