Grip in Mandriva doesn't do ID3v2 tags [solved]

angst

OK, nothing is too good for you Mandriva users. I've just packaged grip-3.3.1-11mdvg2009.0.i586.rpm with full id3v2.4 support enabled. It's using the latest revision 327049 from: svn.mandriva.com/revision=327049

It has no checkbox for ID3v2, but it is ID3v2.

If anyone would like to try it out let me know. This is just until it's officially available. :)

Got it. Checking it out.

Hmm. I can't get it to write v2 tags unless I put '--add-id3v2' in the 'Encoder command-line' box. (which would be the behavior of the official repo version :huh: )

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Please don't spend too much time and trouble on this, Greg. Your efforts are appreciated but there are so many other ripping/encoding options I don't want to see you waste your time on a program that may be used by very few people. You probably have better/more interesting things to do.

Plus I now know how to make the repo version spit out the proper tags. :thumbs:

Thank you.

angst

You're not using lame. In the Encoder tab change the encoder to lame. :)

Nah. I had lame selected.

Just now I uninstalled grip 11mdvg and deleted the .grip files in my home dir and reinstalled grip11mdvg. Now I see the proper commands in the encoder command line. Just checked it out and it works fine.

Edit: I went into my other user dir and had the same behavior. I then deleted all the .grip files in /~ and ran it again. This time it came up with the proper encoder line for lame. Seems I just needed to delete those files and all is well.

Thanks Greg.

angst

Edited by angst

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.