Firefox passwords

orts

I have had a problem with using Firefox/Mandriva to log on my netbank, for quite some time now.

And I have discovered that it's something in Firefox that's blocking for the javaapplet to load, then today I tried to create a new .mozilla directory that helped, but now I miss my passwords, is there an easy way to move them from one directory to another?

I that there is a program to Wondows for something like this, but is there a program to Mandriva/linux for it?

Regards Orts

Foxmarks add on has the ability to sync passwords across installations. May be possible across profiles?

Thank you very very much, exactly what I needed.

I was ready to do the worts case scenario, installing Windows again :furious3: But now it seems to work :thanks:

Fortunately for me my Firefox does NOT save my netbank password and I am glad it doesn't. I feel you are making a bad move there. You should never have your banking password saved on your computer regardless of how well you think you have covered all the security issues.

Just how hard is it to type in your password each time you access your bank account ???. Do you have to do it dozens of times per day every day ???. I think not.

Save yourself some possible future grief if you value your funds as much as I do.

Cheers. John.

Fortunately for me my Firefox does NOT save my netbank password and I am glad it doesn't. I feel you are making a bad move there. You should never have your banking password saved on your computer regardless of how well you think you have covered all the security issues.

Just how hard is it to type in your password each time you access your bank account ???. Do you have to do it dozens of times per day every day ???. I think not.

Save yourself some possible future grief if you value your funds as much as I do.

Cheers. John.

Hi John

It wasn't because of my netbank password I needed to move them, but because I had porblems with my JavaApplet. Then I made a new .mozilla directory and now where missing my passwords to a lot of other sites. And I have so many different passwords, that it would be a very hard job to start typing them all over again.

But I'm glad for your warning, this is something which not can be said often enough.

Cheers Henrik

Sheesh. All those passwords to remember. :D .

You do have my sympathy. I am glad you are especially aware of the banking aspect though.

Cheers. John.

Exactly, there are way to many, sometimes I'm wondering why do we need all those homepages? :P

I think that I have security debat once or twice a week, and "wins" most off them, even my contact in the bank are asking me for adwise for her personal pc :lol2:

Security and freesoftware are two of my biggest interests.

Have a good new year

Regards Henrik