KDE4 add icon to taskbar [solved]

Chris H

Open menu, find the program, rightclick and choose taskbar, panel or what it's called in english ;-)

Two ways:

- with both menu styles, kickoff and classic, drag the icon you want and drop it on the panel.

- this is easier, switch to the kickoff menu style (right click the menu button and select kickoff), then right click any app in the menu and choose "Add to panel" .

You can move the icon on the panel after it's added and put it where you like.

I never did find a way to do that easily. It seems the new icon is always added to the right. To have it anywhere else, I had to delete the icons to the left of the new one, and then add them back in the left-to-right order that I wanted them to appear.

I never did find a way to do that easily. It seems the new icon is always added to the right. To have it anywhere else, I had to delete the icons to the left of the new one, and then add them back in the left-to-right order that I wanted them to appear.

Try rightclick on the panel, choose panel settings, now it should be possible to move the icons to the right place.

Two ways:

- with both menu styles, kickoff and classic, drag the icon you want and drop it on the panel.

- this is easier, switch to the kickoff menu style (right click the menu button and select kickoff), then right click any app in the menu and choose "Add to panel" .

I have heard that solution before, but somehow I'm not able to do it.

can it be a wrong setting somewhere?

Open menu, find the program, rightclick and choose taskbar, panel or what it's called in english ;-)

I was using lancelot and that doesn't provide the option. Added the mandriva menu and I can just drag and drop so problem solved.

Cheers

I was using lancelot and that doesn't provide the option. Added the mandriva menu and I can just drag and drop so problem solved.

Cheers

I can do drag & drop directly from lancelot...

What I do is this. First I unlock the widgets (I keep them locked usually). Then I find the app from lancelot menu and simply do a drag & drop to the panel (where I want).

If I want to move the application icons around in the panel, I'll simply click on the "gnome-foot" looking icon on the right and the panel is in settings mode. The alternative is to right click on the panel and choose "Panel settings". Then I can move the icons around and change the lay-out of the panel.

I can do drag & drop directly from lancelot...

What I do is this. First I unlock the widgets (I keep them locked usually). Then I find the app from lancelot menu and simply do a drag & drop to the panel (where I want).

If I want to move the application icons around in the panel, I'll simply click on the "gnome-foot" looking icon on the right and the panel is in settings mode. The alternative is to right click on the panel and choose "Panel settings". Then I can move the icons around and change the lay-out of the panel.

Interesting. I've tried both loced and unlockd widgets setting and the + sign on the dragged icon disppears when it gets over the toolbar.

Do you have the right-click add to desktop option in lancelot?