Software for designing business cards

ianw1974

I've read an article not long ago about how OpenOffice Draw is usually forgotten even though it is almost a “Computer Assisted Publisher†(don't know the right accronym)(you know, as Calamus used to be back in the old days).

Yves.

Thanks chaps :thumbs:

The next bit is quite funny. I kind of thought that SVG format was a standard, and so I gave this to the company to print the business cards, except that they couldn't open it with the Corel application that they wanted to use to print the cards. So saved as various formats, hoping that one of them they could use .ai, .eps, .epsi, .png also but means they can't edit and play around with the design. Will see how they look tomorrow when I get them.

Will check the other packages out though, maybe they can help me with something if I decide to redo it shortly.

I did export from Inkscape in eps and epsi in the end, in case they needed to adjust it to the card - but I think they just printed it without changes. It came out OK though, so happy :)