David Batson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fast translation (I'm not a linguist, please excuse small inacuracies) :

# FACORAT Fabrice Says:

December 3rd, 2008 at 7:30 pm

It's a good thing you wrote this. The [Mandriva] community asked for explanations and wanted to be sure it was still seen as important.

I hope you'll come to write to us more often, in particular for explaining your choices and aims.

Courage! And good luck.

# Stéphane Téletchéa Says:

December 3rd, 2008 at 8:03 pm

Welcome.

We've been deceived in the past by Mandriva's “probing†[unsure] methods, and although this first contact between us is interesting, it doesn't tell us a lot on [Mandriva's] future goals, that come along with the change of CEO [not sure PDG=CEO…]. I hope you'll be able to tell us more soon, and that Mandriva will be able to build upon the community for at last spreading the way everyone expect them to.

Courage, and until next time [“see you soonâ€] — I hope — for more details.

# liberforce Says:

December 3rd, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Why so much silence? Why tell us that so late, whereas opposition was predictable? Why do you give no details to the community, even though you rely on its support in difficult times? Mandriva public relations never have been up to the task, but ignoring empty phrases, your communiqué doesn't give us much hope for the future. “re-think and reinforce the Community template†could prove to be a difficult task to work on, as this community is under the impression, that it is taken into account only as an afterthought. Take this example : you once fired wobo, and then told him he could continue his work as before, but for free (voluntarily)… I confess this made me sick. Hopefully you won't resort to those methods again, and then the community will feel much better, and do its job properly : push Mandriva on the right tracks.

Yves.

EDIT: I forgot to explain (but you probably understood): the words in [square brackets] are mine. They give some context where I thought the exact translation didn't quite give as much as the original, or try and explain where I was unsure how to translate.

Edited by theYinYeti

They asked wobo to come back but for free? Hmmm, I wonder if they'll ask that of all their paid employees eventually.

Hey, come work for us for free, and we'll sell the final product that you all helped make for us.

One word comes to mind.....