9.2 rc1 is hitting the mirrors

pmpatrick

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone installed this yet? I know it's still early but just curious on first impressions..:) I should have it completed at work in the morning for me to burn and test..:) Anyways just curious if it's any improvement speed and stability wise over 9.1..

Looking good man! I downloaded them last night and it's going on tonight! Yee-haw! Are there updates yet?

Considering the 2.6.0 kernel is at test4, I'm guess Mandrake 10 (or X) will use it I hope? (probably 10.1) I read the list of why it's so much better and I was blown away. I can't wait for a mandrake that uses it - and the hardware vendors to awaken and see the ease of making drivers for it. We're about to witness a new era in linux acceptance worldwide.

Considering the 2.6.0 kernel is at test4, I'm guess Mandrake 10 (or X) will use it I hope? (probably 10.1) I read the list of why it's so much better and I was blown away. I can't wait for a mandrake that uses it - and the hardware vendors to awaken and see the ease of making drivers for it. We're about to witness a new era in linux acceptance worldwide.

Hopefully, the 2.6 kernel release will coincide with the release of resierFS4. That should make linux super fast !!! http://www.namesys.com/

By coincide I hope you mean reiser's out first - that way support will be in the kernel...

Ofcourse :)

I was thinking like, reiserFS on monday, kernel 2.6 on tuesday, MDK 9.5? on wednesday :lol:

Aw yeah - next week is gonna be sweet!

Seriously though, I believe Mandrake goes by a 3 release-per-year schedule... And then they up the major number. That's why 10 comes after 9.2 (<shrug>) and I hope it rolls that beautiful new bean footage (aka 2.6)

Aw yeah - next week is gonna be sweet!

:lol:

I believe Mandrake goes by a 3 release-per-year schedule... And then they up the major number.

Yea, thats true, But, the 2.6 kernel and reiser4 are such big leaps forward, i think they would have to bring out another release even if it did screw up their release cycle.

I read somewhere on KernelTrap.org that Reiser4 is expected to be one of the features implemented into 2.6 before 2.6.0. So we should see it in the next Mandrake release(i mean after 9.2).

I expect the next release (after 9.2) to be Mandrake X (when someone had an interview with one of the head guys at Mandrakesoft he was talking about 'Mandrake X'). and anyway, look at the way mandrake has been released other times. 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 ----> 9.0, 9.1 and each of these 'Major number' releases, it has had much improved features.

I intend to buy 'Mandrake X' because it should have (by the time it's released):

-- Kernel 2.6

-- KDE 3.2 (maybe 4 :) )

-- Gnome 2.4

-- Reiser4 (oh yeah!!) :)

-- OpenOffice 1.1 :)

I expect Mandrake X to be an excellent release (and a huge leap forward) and should be released in about March or April (a great birthday present for me :) ). But i doubt i will buy 9.2, i will just download it.