another Evolution question

coverup

I would like evolution to remind me about my weekly classes. I scheduled them in the calendar as appointments. However when opened, they all refer to the date and time of the first appointment. Say, for an appointment scheduled to occur on Mon 07/21/2003 and every Monday from then, all occurances show

"Day/Time: Mon 07/21/2003 02:10 PM to Mon 07/21/2003 04:10 PM"

Also, the reminder is scheduled to:

"Display a message at Mon 07/21/2003 01:55 PM".

Needless to say, I don't receive any reminders at all... It's evolution 1.2.4 for Mandrake 8.2, installed using red carpet. Is it a known bug?

I just did - from 1.0.8 to 1.2.4, hoping a new version would be a lot better. My experience has been rather frustrating instead...

I'd love to upgrade to version 1.4, but it needs Gnome 2 and Mandrake 9.1. I am not ready to upgade to Mandrake 9.1 right now and don't forsee any window for a major upgrade in nearest few months, so I better stick to gnomecal. Gnomecal is not flashy and has a minimum set of features, but it works for me...

• 1 month later...

Nearly forgot about this thread... I have sorted out what was causing the problem... The appointments that evo failed to alarm about were those imported from gnomecal. I had to reschedule each and every of them, and now the reminder window pops out. I still can't get evo play sound alarms though.