no dial-up internet access

prost

Just some ideas...

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_Errata#...web_browsing.29

Try setting the security level from High to Standard in MCC Security.

Try a different browser such as Konqueror.

Try with the firewall off to make sure the firewall is not blocking you (not so likely).

Finally, try using ppp directly instead of kppp, or at least verify that the files /etc/ppp/peers/ppp0 and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/chat-ppp0 contain the correct information. I find that the system tends to overwrite those files with incorrect information for my cellular dialup setup. I use files with a different name, namely gsm in place of ppp0 and gsm_chat in place of chat-ppp0, and use the command from Konsole as root: ppp call gsm to start my connection.

I have no /etc/ppp/peers/ppp0 and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/chat-ppp0 files!
It's been a long time since I used ppp but creating the missing files should work.

I noticed some strange characters in the posts I linked to… I'm positive those weren't there at the time I posted them. They should probably be translated into “TAB†characters…

Yves.

I have no

/etc/ppp/peers/ppp0 and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/chat-ppp0

files!

That's where they are on my installation of Mandriva 2008.1. Perhaps your setup is different.

Or perhaps you do not have ppp installed? I believe installing kppp should install the ppp dialer as a dependency.

Then again, maybe those files were created when I tried to set up the connection from MCC.

Edited by David Batson